Everyone who has gone through the experience finds relocation to a new place as stressful as ever. What with the packing to be done weeks or even months in advance, preparing the plants and pets for the relocation, and the booking of the moving company is such nerve-wracking experience. Nowadays, moving to a new place seems not to be difficult, after all. When before it could take months to pack the things and clean up the area, these can now be done in weeks or even just days. Here are some moving tips to make the relocation easier and faster:
- Set the definite date for the relocation. It is best to schedule the move during weekdays when there is not much traffic and during off-season periods. Rentals may be hard to book during holidays when everybody is busy or having a vacation somewhere.
- After finalizing the date, look for reliable truck rentals and book the moving truck rental as soon as possible. Check the credentials of these companies and ask around for feedback about their services. It is best to entrust your packed belongings to a reputable moving company offering the best services at an affordable price.
- Make a checklist for things to be done as well as the things to be packed. Everything should be in proper order while ticking the tasks accomplished and working on the tasks that are yet to be completed. Checklists are helpful aids to find out missing objects that are needed for the relocation as well as the things that need to be done.
- Purchase sturdy boxes and pack the things working from one room at a time. Cheap boxes may give way during the transport and may cause damage to the packed objects. Place heavy objects carefully in small boxes and lighter stuff in big boxes. Buy an extra number of boxes to minimize doing errands at the last minute of packing.
- Label each box as soon as it is packed, including the room where it is to be unloaded upon arrival. This is the easiest and fastest way to guide the movers where each box will be unloaded upon arrival.
- Write “FRAGILE” on the box with delicate objects such as vases and dining ware. This is to remind the movers to handle the boxes with extra care to minimize the breakage of valuable items.
- Pack the plants and pets lastly to ensure their chances of survival. Allow extra spaces for them to breathe while putting wedges on the sides such as bubble wrap to stop them from moving or shifting during the transport.
- Leave a forwarding address to your neighbors upon leaving, especially for important documents and utility bills that need to be paid on time. This is to ensure that all emails will be received shortly after the relocation.
Keeping all of these important tips in mind and taking care that all of all these are properly executed will make the relocation hassle-free and trouble-free, minimizing the stress usually felt for moving out residents. Everything should be in proper order and systematically done to make the relocation easy, fast, and successful.
Source: Check Here